Pasadena Accident Attorney Helps Victims of Personal Injury Gain Maximum Monetary Damages
Holding negligent parties accountable for accidents and injuries since 1994
At Tedford & Associates, we focus our abilities on helping accident victims and their families in Pasadena and Glendale get their lives back on track through full and fair compensation for damages. Together with a team of experts — forensics specialists, safety engineers, accident reconstructionists and medical professionals — we thoroughly investigate the facts of each case, determine fault and seek to prove that negligence caused your injuries.
Over the last two decades, we’ve successfully handled hundreds of personal injury cases, with many going to trial. We seek to maximize the amount of compensation in each case to fully cover present and future medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. While we always discuss settlement offers with you, we also recognize that such offers typically don’t come anywhere close to meeting the financial needs of the victims. When settlement offers fall far below the level you require, we welcome the opportunity to take the case to court.
Resolving insurance bad faith cases
For nearly 20 years, we’ve been working with insurance companies in personal injury cases. We know the games they play. They want to pay shareholders, not policyholders. We know individuals shy away from getting the compensation they deserve because of the sheer size and power of these companies.
Insurance companies have a duty to act in good faith toward its policyholders in settling a claim. When they breach this duty, they are acting in bad faith. At Tedford & Associates, we tackle the insurance companies when they exercise bad faith by:
- Stalling on claims decisions
- Denying legitimate claims
- Making unreasonable demands for documentation or actions
- Failing to settle a claim within policy limits
Handling a wide range of personal injury cases
At Tedford & Associates, our legal team has the investigative and strategic skills to advocate for our clients’ rights at the negotiating table and at trial, if necessary. We regularly handle the following types of personal injury cases:
- Dog bites. Bites from pit bulls and other breeds have the potential to cause other dangerous medical conditions and even death. Dog bites should always be taken seriously. In California, dogs are not given the “second chance” they receive in other states. We have no “one free bite” rule.
- Products liability. Products liability cases may involve defective drugs, defective toys, defective household appliances, defective auto parts, faulty machinery and faulty medical equipment. Injuries may be severe, and even fatal.
- Vehicle defects. Vehicle defects apply to any type of auto, including motorcycles and trucks. Faulty parts, such as tires, brakes, and acceleration and transmission systems, can cause serious accidents. We hold manufacturers of defective parts and vehicles accountable for their negligence through the justice system, seeking maximum compensation for our clients.
- Premises liability. California law holds that property owners and managers must keep their premises clear of hazards. When this duty of care is breached and accidents happen, the law protects victims. If you were injured at a shopping mall or park, on a sidewalk, in a parking lot or anywhere else that should have been maintained, we can represent you in a premises liability case. We advocate for compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Medical malpractice. Surgeons, orthopedists, chiropractors and nurses are among the medical professionals we trust with our lives. We expect them to exercise their skills in accordance with the industry’s standard of care. But surgical errors, prescription errors and diagnosis errors occur, often with debilitating and devastating results. At Tedford & Associates, we understand the complexity of these situations and are prepared to take on the investigative and evaluative work required to prove medical malpractice cases.
- Birth injuries. A couple anxiously awaits the arrival of their newborn, but disaster may strike during the birthing process. Lack of oxygen can lead to brain damage for the baby, and delays may aggravate the already serious situation. A variety of birth defects may occur, leading to conditions such as Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, brachial plexus palsy and shoulder dystocia, but these are just a few possible birth injuries. At Tedford & Associates, we doggedly pursue justice for babies injured by negligence.
- Catastrophic injuries. The term “catastrophic injuries” applies to a set of medical conditions defined by the American Medical Association, including spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, and skull and spinal fractures. These conditions are debilitating and require long-term medical care. Personal injury victims who sustain catastrophic injuries have a strong ally in Tedford & Associates. We are dedicated to helping you recover monetary damages to cover long-term care.
- Police misconduct. When police officers use excessive force, such as shooting, kicking or shoving while handling criminal suspects or prisoners, they can and should be held accountable for police misconduct.
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney in Pasadena
Since 1994, Tedford & Associates in Pasadena has helped injury victims and their families in the Los Angeles area gain maximum compensation for their damages. We handle a wide range of personal injuries. Call us at 626.657.8854 to schedule your free initial consultation or contact us online to discuss your legal options. An experienced attorney is your best chance to obtain the compensation you need to cover medical expenses, lost wages and other costs. We offer convenient appointments and free parking. We are also easily accessible by public transportation. You pay no upfront fees.